“Founded on love and open to the gift of life, the family contains in itself the very future of society.”
– St. Pope John Paul II, “Message for the World Day of Peace”
Marriage and family life is the basic unit of every society. A society is only as healthy, as stable, as energetic, and as imbued with moral values as its families. Take stable families away and Minnesota’s source of responsible citizens begins to dry up.
Both Church and state must link efforts to promote healthy marriages and family life. We support public policies that edify the importance of mothers and fathers in society, and their distinct tasks in raising and nurturing healthy children.
Additionally, we seek to educate Catholics on the fullness of marital love by providing resources for strengthening marriages and families in the home, and at the parish and community level. When we have a better understanding of marital love, we see more clearly the nature of authentic social justice and what public policy, on whatever issue, we can and cannot faithfully support.
In the News
- Testimony of Mr. Jason Adkins to the School Safety Technical Assistance Council
- School choice legislation fails to pass, but MCC sees ‘marriage-friendly’ welfare win at session’s end
- Taking the “Porn Problem” Public
- Legislature faces decisions on health care, school choice, family poverty
- MN Catholic Conference: Election results bring opportunities, challenges