Catholic Immigration Advocacy 2013 Learning Conference (see flier)
Saturday, April 20
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
1890 Randolph Avenue
Saint Paul, MN (click here for map and directions)
What you will learn:
- DREAMers: Youth Telling Their Stories: Youth from the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) & Susan Schmidt: Catholic Charities DACA Project Leader
- 2013 Political Landscape and Action: John Keller, Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota (ILCM)
- Reframing the Issue: Anu Joshi, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- RSVP by visiting: http://tinyurl.com/JusticeforImmigrants or by calling (651) 690-7043
- Cost: $20 at the door, limited scholarships available
- Space is limited
Note: We ask that parishes limit the number of representatives they send to this event. We would like to have enough space for advocates from a diverse number of Catholic parishes.
This event is geared towards those who wish to help organize and “activate” Catholic advocacy in support of federal immigration reform at the parish level, between now and Fall 2013.
Presented in partnership with Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and other Minnesota Catholic immigration advocacy organizations.